Cashew and coconut stuffed dates
Updated: Aug 29
The easiest dessert you could ever make. Rose-water adds a sophisticated flavor. Low calorie, no sugar added.
Petit desserts are in style these days. Go to any fancy restaurant and you’ll find miniature desserts so beautiful that they look like fine arts. It’s not mandatory though, to go to a fancy restaurant to eat those dainty sweets. Talk about these stuffed dates. You can make them at home, with only 5 ingredients, in just 10 minutes. They have both creamy and crunchy texture and a taste that is truly refined. On top of that, there’s no added sugar! Talk about dessert miracles! Mm…hmm!
About the dish :
Course – Dessert
Makes – 8
Difficulty level – Easy
Recipe type – Vegan, gluten free, sugar free
Storage instruction – Best eaten on the same day they are made. Can be
refrigerated in air-tight container for up to 2 days.
What you need :
8 Medjool dates
2 tablespoons grated coconut
3 tablespoons cashews
1 tablespoon almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
¼ teaspoon rose-water (can be subbed by orange blossom water)
7 cashews, coarsely chopped (for garnishing)
What you do :
1. Slit the dates with a knife and take the pits out.
2. In a small dry pan, add the cashews and coconut. Roast over medium heat for 30-
45 seconds. Let cool.
3. Blitz the toasted cashews and coconut in a coffee grinder until resembles coarse sand. It should take 10-12 pulses.
4. Take it in a small bowl, add almond milk and rose-water. Stir with a spoon to make into a thick paste.
5. Stuff this mixture inside the dates using a spoon.
6. Garnish with chopped cashews. Press them a little bit on top of the stuffing. This adds a nice textural contrast. Serve at room temperature.
Nutritional info (per date):
Calories – 90 Cal
Carbohydrate – 21 g
Protein – 1 g
Fat – 1 g
Saturated fat – 1 g
Sugar – 16 g
Sodium – 3 mg
Dietary fiber – 2 g
Light, peace and avocados; from my heart to yours!
Do you have any questions? Any feedback after you’ve made it? I’d surely like to hear from you! Feel free to comment below.
8/29/2021, at 11.57 AM
8/20/2021, at 2.03PM
Thanks a lot!